This Pierogi salmon recipe was inspired by The Arizona Republic's "Pierogi & Salmon Skillet" recipe. The main difference is that I added caramelized onions & capers, and topped with a lemon, sour cream, and dill sauce. Personally, I think our Organic Spinach Feta pierogi goes really well with this recipe, but the organic Potato Cheese pierogi can be equally as good. This recipe is perfect for a quick, healthy meal!
GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC & PIEROGI DIRECTIONS
1. Boil pierogi for 5-6 minutes (follow directions on package), drain and set aside to cool on plate with olive oil.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and a dash of salt. Cover, occasionally stirring, till soft. While cooking, prepare sour cream mixture. Mix equal parts of sour cream and lemon juice in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, fresh dill, and 1/4 teaspoon horseradish (optional). Set aside.
3. Add salmon to skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove salmon from pan and break into pieces on a cutting board. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Add garlic, capers, pepper, chili powder or paprika, and butter. Cook for one minute then add salmon and pierogi. Toss together and sauté till done. Be careful to not overcook salmon, you only need 1-2 minutes.
5. Top with sour cream mixture and serve!
6. Enjoy with a nice glass of Chardonnay.