pierogi Souffle DIRECTIONS
1. Check recipe serving size. Test your pan by placing enough frozen pierogi on your pan to see if you can fit 12 pierogi in your pan (recommend 9-by-13 inch pan). Adjust recipe accordingly. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Caramelize onions. Fry diced onions in a non-stick skillet with olive oil. Cook covered, stirring occasionally. Cook on medium until onions are soft and brown--onions should taste sweet. While cooking, prepare egg mixture.
3. Prepare Egg mixture. In a food processor, combine sour cream and eggs until eggs are thick and fluffy. Add melted butter, cornstarch, salt and process until completely mixed.
4. Prepare pierogi. When onions are done, spread them out on the bottom of the 9x13 pan. Using the same hot skillet (less dishes to wash), add olive oil and frozen pierogi to skillet and brown on each side. Then add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and steam for 8-10 minutes. Sort cooked pierogi on top of onions in 9x13 pan. Pour egg mixture on top of pierogi and onions.
5. Bake for 45-60 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve hot with sour cream and chives or caramelized onions.
*Click "Add New Comment" below to leave a cooking suggestion about this Polish Recipe or Polish Recipes in general. We want your feedback!